Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 18, 2006

1 of the many jabs that he has to take...

K went for his 1st dose of the 5-in-1 (i.e. DPT) injections today. He's a really brave boy. Just let out a loud wail when the vaccine went in and stopped in about 20s. Good boy!! Brave boy!! Anyway, here comes the dilemma of a Mom. Should I just stick to the required immunisation or should I let him take the rotavirus vaccine? The vaccination list is endless. There's still the pneumonococcal vaccine that we can choose to give him at 15mths. Well, I have to decide soon if he is to have the rotavirus vaccine as he has to take the 1st dose at about 3 mth (which is now!!).

Besides his jabs today, he also underwent a general (routine) check. He is now about 6kg, 61cm and has a head circumference of 41cm. According to the graphs, he is slightly underweight, has a slightly bigger head and just tall enough!! hehe.. Looks like I've gotta fatten him up a little. He seem to be drinking less milk nowadays. Once he satisfies his initial hunger, he becomes so distracted that he doesn't drink properly anymore. He takes like a total of 25mins to drink his milk (used to do like 40min). I wonder if he just getting better at getting to the milk or he's just too distracted to drink??

Well, we (Mummy & Daddy) think that Kieran is really a blessing and he's our ANGEL baby.

@-}----- (",)