Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Letter to Kieran (@ 10mths 3 weeks old)

Hey Kieran,

Time really flies when we are having fun. You will turn 1 in another month's time! I remember many things that surrounded your birth and the first few moments together. I still remember the very first time I held you in my arms.

I remember you opening your eyes, looking at me, wondering what is this strange place that you are in.
I remember you looking at me, realising that the voice you've been hearing for the last 9 months had a face.
I remember holding you tight against my breast, watching you, feeling you, suckling for the very first time.
I remember Daddy beaming away, looking at this strange, but beautiful baby that Mummy and Daddy created.
I remember you yelling.
I remember changing your poopy diapers for the first time in the hospital.
I remember Daddy and I making a mess trying to change your diapers.
I remember Daddy being the brave soul to take up the challenge of cleaning your butt while Mummy watched.
Most of all, I remember the JOY that you brought to us the moment you came into our world.
Thank you sweetheart.
Mummy

@-}----- (",)