Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 12, 2007

Ouch... constipated...

Kieran's been having a bout of constipation and he is feeling so miserable every few days. I feel my heart break every time he tries to poop and his face turns all red but the poop is not coming out. I don't know what is wrong, and I don't think it's his diet cos he has loads of fibre from his daily veg and fruits. I would think that he has enough water too. I wonder if it's got to do with this milk powder. Fortunately, there are some simple remedies that work with him:

Brown sugar water
1/4 teaspoon brown sugar in 125ml water
Sip every few hours
This is good cos it kinda allows him to pass all the wind out and breaks the poop into smaller passable pieces. The poop still comes out hard but in small pieces.

Almighty prune juice
Diluted prune juice
Always works. Almost instantaneous results. Usually the poop arrives about 20min after drinking! But use with caution. Too much results in wet, messy poop!

Yoghurt
Works some times. Sometimes not.

Poor baby. I must ask the Dr on his next check up..

Loads of kisses darling..

Labels:

@-}----- (",)