Saturday, December 23, 2006
Eating... and pooping..
PP did a painful poop last night. His face was all cringed up and red as he tried to push the poop out. I think he got frightened by the intensity and the difficulty of the poop coming out (he usually has really wet, soft poop because he drinks breast milk), he was crying and pooping at the same time. Poor PP. He wasn't really constipated but just that the poop was drier than usual (as literature would say, well-formed. it actually had the texture of play doh when you press on it.. heh), kind of like our poop and he just wasn't used to it. I think he had a tummyache as well, so he got frightened and cried. All we could do was to hold his hands (daddy) and rub his tummy (mummy) to help him along.Since he started eating, he has reduced his intake of milk. Also, he doesn't really like to drink water (even juice). I try to give him fluids using a spoon during and after his meals to up his fluid intake. During the day, he is given his sippy cup with juice. But he just doesn't drink. I think I just have to latch him more often so that he'll drink more milk. Even so, this little fella will not drink when he doesn't want to. He just latches on and not suck any milk at all!! I hope he realises that if he doesn't drink enough water, his poop will be harder than usual and it will be difficult to pass it out! Meanwhile, I'll just have to reduce his food intake so that he drinks more milk again.
I've given PP quite a number of foods to taste. His staples are the rice cereal or brown rice cereal. I usually add a fruit or a vege to it during meals. He usually has the Frisocrem or avocado for breakfast, lunch will be brown rice with a fruit or vege and same goes for dinner. I think he's eating a little too much solids, so now we are going to reduce that so that he drinks more milk instead.
I gave him some tofu today and he liked it. I gave it to him plain and cold. I think the texture suits him and there is the slight fragrance of the soya beans. I daren't give him too much as it is protein packed. Will see how he takes to it. I want to make tofu the staple protein in his diet cos I don't intend to give meat protein until he is about 1.
Kieran is now sleeping in his own crib again. :) We put the crib next to our bed and left the side of the crib down. In a way, he is still next to us but not on our bed!! Now he doesn't turn when either one of us turns and sleeps quite well on his own. Now to wean him off his night comfort feeds...
@-}----- (",)


