Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 08, 2006

We are home!

Kieran is suffering from jetlag. He is behaving just like when we first landed in LA. He wakes up very often in the middle of the night, just to suckle a little and then fall back asleep. However, I think we are all feeling better and recovering faster then when we went over to the US!

Anyway, Kieran was due for his hepatitis (3rd dose) today. We were thinking of postponing it as we were all tired and thought that we would sleep in. However, since we all woke up early in the morning, we brought him for his jab. As usual, he was a brave boy, only cried for a few seconds when the vaccine was given. :)

We had to make appointments for his subsequent developmental analysis as well as his MMR. I was not very keen on letting him take the MMR vaccine at 15mth (the scheduled time frame) and asked for it to be postponed. The nurse was only willing to let me postpone it to 16mth. Though there has been inconclusive data on the MMR linking to incidences of autism, I am still not very comfortable with him taking the jab so soon. Furthermore, I feel that MMR is not as important as the other vaccines because Singapore is so advanced and the incidences of these diseases are so low. I will have to go read up more about this. Because Kieran is due for his MMR at 16months, I will have to start to introduce eggs to him at about 9 to 10 months, starting with the yolk. Have to remember that.

Just an update of the foods that Kieran has tried:
  1. Rice cereal
  2. Avocado
  3. Sweet potato
  4. Peas (Earth's best)
  5. Pears (Earth's best)
  6. Bananas

Kieran is taking to solids really well. He is adventurous, and very willing to have food in his mouth. I am determined to let him try as many different foods as possible so that he'll grow up to like food and not be a fussy eater.

Until he is a year old, I don't think I will start him on animal proteins. It will be beans and tofu for his protein source before that time. Now that he is turning 7 months, it is time to start reading SBF again!

@-}----- (",)